Deeply saddened by his tragic passing but inspired by his passion and spirit, Nike and OHSU Doernbecher invited Isaac’s family to work together to finish the design that Isaac had started. Using Isaac’s original sketches as a guide and some more his parents found, they created a design reflecting Isaac’s vision and incorporating design elements that represented the things that mattered most to him in his life:
– Isaac’s jersey numbers, 9 for baseball on the upper of the left shoe and 31 for basketball on the right.
– The inside of the tongue features Isaac’s initials, and the dates of his birth and passing.
– Several parts of the shoe glow in the dark, including the eyelets, lace toggle, outsole, Nike Air unit and quarter panels.
– The upper features the words of a poem in black light ink that Isaac wrote just a day before he passed away. Some of the words include: “My team. My family. We are brothers forever. No matter what.”
– Each pair includes a flashlight to complete the glow-in-the-dark effect, inspired by Isaac’s love of video games.